Line by line: Freeing yourself through words.
Saturday February 8 (1-4 pm central time)
Sunday February 9 (11-2 pm central time)
Saturday February 15 (1-4 pm central time)
Sunday February 16 (1-4 pm central time)
(I will ask you your date choice once you’ve signed up)
“The universe buries strange jewels deep within us all, and then
stands back to see if we can find them.”
We learn writing by diving in and doing it, line by line and the more you do it the better you become. Once you’re deep in it, you wonder what took you so long to finally write!!
I want you to write from the bones outward with grace, simplicity and depth. In this class we will be going beyond your usual comfort zones and dive into detail, the heart, the wild, and the spirit to further propel your truth, purpose, creativity, understanding and storytelling. This time, our class muses will be VARIOUS writers from Margaret Atwood to Anne Lamott to Natalie Goldberg to Elizabeth Gilbert.
The three hours will give you many chances to write all about the essence of life and experience with every stimulating prompt.
Writing from a deeper place is the kind of writing that makes everything from poetry to memoir to even status updates jump off the page with felt energy and beauty. In this class we’ll be going over the usual principles of writing from the body, only with a more concentrated focus on depth, texture, detail, how to find self-meaning with words, writing as meditation, and capturing the pulsing life essence of what you are telling using wildly creative metaphors. In writing we essentially free ourselves, line by line.
I’ll guide you into the type of creative writing that leaves no room for blocks, overthinking, or second guessing through lecture, open conversation, inspired dialogue and specialty prompts specifically designed to invoke imagination, daydream, and most importantly, memory. I promise when you can write from this space you can write anything, anywhere, at any time.
Release everything you’ve ever learned about writing. This is the way to do it fast, efficiently, simply, and WELL.
I teach in small, live, intimate groups over Zoom, which is the closest thing to it being in person. Together we find flow state in a safe and inspiring container.
Non writers are always welcome as I promise I will help you become a great writer far faster than you can imagine.
“Writing is a path to meet ourselves and become intimate.”
What you get:
- A 3-hour live Zoom workshop with a small group of amazing people.- A space that is sacred and non-judgmental to share, laugh, cry, write, and be completely authentically YOU!
- LOTS of writing practice, writing in a way you may never have experienced before.
- Hours of information about words, creativity, and how to use your body, movement, and intuition to develop natural flow.
- An ongoing private Facebook immensely supportive group/writing community to further inspire and encourage your writing practice, AND connect with a supportive new tribe. (This secret group is completely run and managed by me and growing more magical over time! I provide so much writing inspiration in there on a constant basis to further spark and encourage your writing journey.)
- A brand new, fresh look on creativity, which I believe is the doorway to everything.
Join us in ceremony and circle.
Note: If you do not have paypal, please email me asap at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll send you a square payment link. $220