Writing Memoir: Your Truth As Creative Story
Saturday, November 30th (1-4 pm central time)
Sunday, December 1st (11-2 pm central time)
(full) Saturday, December 21st (1-4 central time)
(full) Sunday, December 22nd, (11-2 central time)
Sunday December 29th from 11-2
(I will ask you your date choice once you’ve signed up)
“Nostalgia. It’s delicate yet potent. It’s a twinge in your heart far more powerful than memory alone. It is a carousel. It let’s us travel the way a child travels- around and around and back again, to a place we know where we know we are loved.”
- Mad Men
As near the holidays I’m bringing writing Memoir back into focus. In this class we will be diving deep into your very unique stories, and personal voice.
Your story is beautiful and deserves to be heard and acknowledged. Do you have a specific letter, a memory, an experience, or chapter you’ve never put on paper before? This beautifully healing class is your chance to.
Memoir writing is conscious, reflective, contemplative and from the HEART. It is showing and not telling, it is your understanding of an experience, it is thought provoking, and keeps you very energetically alive.
Tell us your grief, tell us your revival, tell us your clarity, tell us the time you found everything you’d imagined or nothing at all, and please, take us there so we can breathe, taste and know it.
The three hours will give you many chances to write all about YOU with every prompt.
Writing memoir is not hard and we're going to be going over the usual principles of writing from the body, only with a more concentrated focus on emotional truth, retrospective voice, sensory imagery, and leaving your readers in awe with beautiful prose about actual lived experience. I have PLENTY of riveting memoir examples to share with you as further fuel and inspiration.
I’ll guide you into the type of creative writing that leaves no room for blocks, overthinking, or second guessing through lecture, open conversation, inspired dialogue and specialty prompts specifically designed to invoke imagination, daydream, and most importantly, memory. I promise when you can write from this space you can write anything, anywhere, at any time.
Release everything you’ve ever learned about writing. This is the way to do it fast, efficiently, simply, and WELL.
I teach in small, live, intimate groups over Zoom, which is the closest thing to it being in person.
Non writers are always welcome as I promise I will help you become a great writer far faster than you can imagine.
Which is the closest thing to it being in person.
What you get:
- A 3-hour live Zoom workshop with a small group of amazing people.- A space that is sacred and non-judgmental to share, laugh, cry, write, and be completely authentically YOU!
- LOTS of writing practice, writing in a way you may never have experienced before.
- Hours of information about words, creativity, and how to use your body, movement, and intuition to develop natural flow.
- An ongoing private Facebook immensely supportive group/writing community to further inspire and encourage your writing practice, AND connect with a supportive new tribe. (This secret group is completely run and managed by me and growing more magical over time! I provide so much writing inspiration in there on a constant basis to further spark and encourage your writing journey.)
- A brand new, fresh look on creativity, which I believe is the doorway to everything.
Join us in ceremony and circle.
Note: If you do not have paypal, please email me asap at email@example.com and I’ll send you a square payment link. $220